| A t
the end of each class, make a list of what you need to take home.
- In the homework section of your notebook
or in your planner, make a list of what you need to take home
for studying and homework for each class.
- Think ahead by including things on
your list that you will need to complete for an assignment
that is due in a few days.
| D ecide
what you need to take home from your list at the end of the day.
- Look at the list and see what work
you finished at school and see what needs to be taken home.
- Check off the items on the list as
you put them in your bookbag.
- Check the list to determine if you
need to ask your teacher about a specific assignment.
sk your teacher to answer questions
you have about homework or studying.
- After reviewing your list, ask your
teacher questions for clarification.
- After the teacher answers the questions,
make sure you have the necessary materials to take home.
ause right before you walk
out of school and ask yourself, "Do I have everything I need?"
- Even if you checked your list, make
sure you check it one more time before leaving school because
once you're out of school, you won't be able to get the materials
ry not to give up even if you discover
at home that you have forgotten something.
- If you need something, call a friend
to try to borrow the material you need.
- If available, call a homework hotline
or check a school homework website.
- If the teacher approves, call the
teacher for help.
- If you cannot get help from anyone,
complete the assignment the best that you can. Do not leave
the assignment undone just because you forgot something. Always
try to do the best that you can!