et a timer and sit down to
- Use your watch or a kitchen timer and set it for a certain
period of time that you plan to study.
| S ee
if you are off task.
- When you notice that your mind has
drifted off task, tell yourself that you are not studying and
that you have to go back to studying.
ouch the circle.
- Draw a circle on a piece of scratch paper.
- Every time you become aware that you are daydreaming, make
a mark inside the circle.
rganize your thoughts.
- After you make a mark in the circle,
take a few seconds to organize your thoughts.
- Shut your eyes and tell yourself to
get back to studying.
- Once you have organized your thoughts, begin to study again.
- Once your study session is over, count the number of marks
you made in the circle.
- Your goal is to decrease the number of marks you make in
a circle the next time you study. Try to reach a point where
you can study without making any marks in a circle. Then you
will have overcome your problems with daydreaming!