| B reathe
- Take long, slow, deep breaths throughout
- Focus your attention on your breathing
to make it steady.
- When you feel your muscles tightening, try to slowly relax
each muscle one at a time. Tell yourself mentally that you are
relaxing each muscle. For example, relax your leg muscles by
telling yourself, "I am now relaxing my leg muscles."
- Start relaxing your muscles from the top of your body and
go down. Especially focus on relaxing your neck muscles.
| A ttitude
- Maintain a positive attitude throughout
the entire test.
- During the test, tell yourself "I
can do it!"
- Put a star next to the answers that
you are sure you got right to show that you can do it!
| V isualize
yourself in your favorite place.
- When you find yourself becoming anxious, close your eyes
for a few seconds and imagine yourself in your favorite place
(e.g., at the beach, at the mall, watching television, playing
nd is in sight!
- Even if you feel that the test will
last forever, remember that it will be over before you know
it and your anxiety will fade!