| R ead
the entire question and ALL choices before answering.
- Always re-read the entire question
and all choices.
- You may think the question is asking
one thing, but after you read the complete question, it may
actually be asking something else.
nalyze the context and figure out
words that you do not know.
- Identify unknown words.
- Try to remember where you have seen
these words before. Maybe you saw them in your textbooks or
in your notes.
- Analyze the context by trying to use
the words you know that are surrounding the unknown words. By
analyzing the surrounding words, you may be able to figure out
the unknown word.
| I dentify
the key words in the question and answer choices.
- These words are: often, most,
all, some, equal, good and sometimes.
| N otice
- These words are: no, not,
none, never, and the prefixes un(unimportant)
and in(incomplete) in each question and answer.
- Negatives can completely change the
meaning of a question or an answer so watch carefully for
| S earch
for grammatical clues.
- All questions follow the rules of grammar.
Narrow your choices by eliminating possible answers that do
not produce grammatically correct sentences.